The Martyr’s Day.
The death of a Satyagrahi.
The vilification of non-violence.
Will today just share what the famous personalities have to say about Mahatma Gandhi.
- Not since Buddha has India so revered any man. Not since St. Francis of Assisi has any life known to history been so marked by gentleness, disinterestedness, the simplicity of soul and forgiveness of enemies. We have the astonishing phenomenon of a revolution led by a saint.
-Will Durant, American writer, historian, and philosopher
- I believe that Gandhi’s views were the most enlightened of all the political men in our time.We should strive to do things in his spirit: not to use violence in fighting for our cause, but by non-participation in anything you believe is evil.
-Albert Einstein, Physicist
- Gandhi resisted evil with as much vigor and power as the violent resister, but he resisted with love instead of hate. True pacifism is not unrealistic submission to evil power. It is rather a courageous confrontation of evil by the power of love.
– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, American Baptist minister, and activist
- I have the greatest admiration and respect for Mahatma Gandhi. He was a great human being with a deep understanding of human nature. He made every effort to encourage the full development of the positive aspects of the human potential and to reduce or restrain the negative. His life has inspired me ever since I was a small boy. Ahimsa or nonviolence is the powerful idea that Mahatma Gandhi made familiar throughout the world. But nonviolence does not mean the mere absence of violence. It is something more positive, more meaningful than that, for it depends wholly on the power of truth.
– His Holiness Dalai Lama
- Many of his principles have universal application and eternal validity, and I hope the passing years will show that his faith in the efficacy of non-violent pressure as an agent for peaceful change is as justified today all over the world as it was in his time in India.
-U Thant, Third Secretary-General of the United Nations
There are many but I chose to share the few which I like and love.
Namaskaars to the soul which came as a guiding light to many.