Tathastu! A blessing from God. Every now and then people line up at His residence to ask for something. To correct something. To change something. And while asking, we forget whether the thing we are asking for is truly needed or our asking is out of just boredom.
My Elder brother and Spiritual Master His Divine Holiness, Pandurang Shashtriji Athavale (Dadaji) always tell us during his discourses that think before you ask. Because if by chance God accepts your wish and says Tathastu, you do not know the consequences of it.
Friends, today while reading a message I was again reminded of this. Will share the message first with you all.
This qurantine is Gods way of accepting a ton of wishes of:
- Kids: Can we have no school and play all day? – Tathastu
- Women: can we have the undivided attention of my husband who works so hard?- Tathastu
- Husbands: I’m sick of this traffic and commuting i wish i cud stay at home and work n Get paid – Tathastu
- Working Moms: I wish I could spend some quality time with my kids and relax – Tathastu
- Students: I wish i wouldnt have to study for my exams? – Tathastu
- Old Parents: Wish our kids could spend more time with us rather than being busy everyday? – Tathastu
- Employee: Hate my job, i need a break.- Tathastu
- Employers: Have no life, wish could sit home and watch TV – Tathastu
- Mother Earth: I cant breathe, i wish I could get a break from all this pollution and chaos – Tathastu
Think about in today’s context and let’s all now think what all have we asked from Him.
Shouldn’t we think before asking for something?
How deep and futuristic should we be before asking?
Why should we ask when all our basic needs are being satisfied?
Friends resting, relaxing and playing at home, let’s all think about such small things in life too.